Friday 17 August 2012

Knitting the Olympics

It's been a while since I wrote here and the reason is there hasn't been that much knitting going on until recently.  While some other knitters have been enthusiastically knitting the Olympics, yes, really, there are some woolly Olympics out there, I've just been slowly plodding on with pieces for my Denim Patchwork Throw for a while. Then along came my own Olympic challenge, which is the marathon baby knitting for my ever reproductive, now former, work colleagues. I was pleased with how this little cardigan turned out, using up Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarns from several projects with an alternating stripe pattern and pulling it together with some fabulous buttons. As I set out on  new work ventures, I am wishing all the mums and babies, born and unborn, well.

 


Having left that particular sport, I can now concentrate on piecing together that throw, with my eyes on the next trip up to the Shetland house next month for completion. There were more pieces than I thought once I laid them out although there are a few more to do. As you see, our adopted cat Dora has been helping as always. I've begun washing and shrinking the pieces and thinking about where they need to go and what is left to knit. Next comes the fun of playing with bleach and sandpaper to 'distress' the denim and see what effects I can produce. More soon.